23 Self Care Sunday Ideas You Won’t Regret Trying
There is nothing better than getting away from the week’s stress and kicking back on the weekend. There is little to no wonder why many people need a set of activities to help them do just that – and that’s what self-care Sunday is all about!
Unwinding and nourishing yourself is the essence of self care. Think of it as a way to ensure that your physical, mental, and emotional well-being is restored.
Like most articles in this blog, you will be learning about the best self-care activities. No matter whether you do it on a Sunday or a Saturday, as long as you get to do it, it will be helpful. Make this weekend all about taking care of yourself before another week starts.
Without further ado, let’s get into the list of 23 self care Sunday activities.
Simple Self Care Sunday Activities To Checklist
- Allow yourself as much time as you desire to sleep in.
- Start your Sunday morning with a self-care morning routine.
- With calming music, candles, and bubble baths, you are sure to have a relaxing time.
- Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure. Try out some cute clip-on nails.
- Prepare a delicious home-cooked meal for yourself. Surely a meal like this is far superior to the work cafeteria lunch.
- Don’t feel guilty binge-watch all of your favorite shows while you snuggle under a soft throw blanket. You deserve some time to relax.
- Make a mini spa out of your favorite face masks, facial steamer, and exfoliating feet mask. Taking care of your skin is an important part of self-care Sunday.
- Get your blood flowing by doing yoga stretches or working out for 30 minutes.
- You can bake something nice. Baking has been shown to have therapeutic benefits.
- Make sure that your bed linens are freshly laid out so you can sleep comfortably.
- Even if you are not going anywhere, you should take a shower and perfume yourself. A Saturday self-care routine should include aromatherapy.
- Also, you can also use diffusers along with essential oils or light some scented candles for aromatherapy. A very relaxing experience is guaranteed with these.
- Explore some interesting topics or watch some documentaries.
- Take some time to relax with meditation exercises.
- Count your blessings by keeping a gratitude journal. Also, when you write down all your blessings, you’ll be surprised at what a good mood you’ll be in!
- Enjoy a leisurely walk while listening to music.
- Get a little fresh air by packing a picnic and going to the park
- You can connect with your friends and family on a video chat. Taking care of yourself includes connecting with loved ones.
- Get a few seeds and start your own small garden. Nurturing plants can boost your mood and give you a sense of accomplishment as you get to look forward to new growth every day.
- Spend some time reading a book instead of scrolling through social media.
- Treat yourself to some healthy treats and snacks.
- For one day, forget all your work because stress reduction is the purpose of this self-care weekend.
- And lastly, let yourself bask in all the self-care you deserve!
To conclude this article, note that self-care is something you can practice whenever you feel like it. It doesn’t necessarily have to be on a Saturday or Sunday. Please listen to your body when it’s telling you to slow down and relax.