How To Get Acrylic Nails Off Without Acetone
Acrylic nails are a popular choice for women who want to have long and beautiful nails. However, they can be difficult to remove and often require the use of harsh chemicals like acetone. In this article, we will explore an easy way how to take off acrylics without acetone and without using any other harmful chemicals.
What are acrylic nails?
Acrylic nails are a type of artificial nail that is made from a mixture of monomer and polymer. The monomer is a liquid and the polymer is a powder. When the two are mixed together, they form a hard plastic material. Acrylic nails can be applied in many different ways, including:
- With an adhesive: This is the most common way to apply acrylic nails. A liquid adhesive is applied to the natural nail, and the acrylic nail is placed on top.
- With tips: Tips are small pieces of plastic that are glued to the end of the natural nail. Acrylic nails can then be attached to the tips.
- With forms: Forms are small pieces of plastic that fit over the natural nail like a glove. Acrylic nails can then be attached to the forms.
What household items can take off acrylics without acetone?
There are a few household items that can be used to take off acrylic nails without acetone. First, you’ll need to gather some supplies. You’ll need a nail file, a nail buffer, nail clippers, hot water, and oil or vinegar. You’ll also need some non-acetone nail polish remover and cotton balls. Listed below are some of the methods to try.
1. Removing acrylic nails with vinegar
Vinegar is a natural and gentle way to remove acrylic nails. To remove acrylic nails with vinegar, soak your fingers in a bowl of vinegar for about 15 minutes. The vinegar will soften the adhesive that holds the acrylic nails in place. Then use a nail file or buffer to gently file away the acrylic nails. Finally, wash your hands with soap and water to remove any remaining vinegar residue.
2. Removing acrylic nails with coconut oil
Coconut oil can also be used to remove acrylic nails without acetone. Just heat up some coconut oil and massage it into your nails for a few minutes. This will help to break down the acrylic so it can be removed more easily.
Repeat these steps until all of the acrylics have been removed.
- Soak your nails in hot water for 10 minutes to soften the acrylic.
- Rub each nail with a cuticle pusher or orange stick.
- Apply a generous amount of coconut oil to each nail and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Use a nail file to file off the acrylic nails.
3. Soak them in hot water
This is probably the most common method used to take off acrylic nails. All you need is a bowl of hot water and some cotton balls or pads. Place your nails in the hot water and allow them to soak for 5-10 minutes. The heat will soften the adhesive bonding the nail to your real nail bed and make it easier to remove. Once they are soft, use a pair of tweezers or fingers to pull/wrestle the nails off your fingers. It may hurt a little but it should come off fairly easily.
4. Cut them off with clippers
If soaking them in hot water doesn’t work, your next option is to cut them off with clippers. Again, you will need some strong clippers (preferably diagonal cutters) and safety glasses/goggles. Start by cutting as close to the base of the nail as possible and then clip away any remaining glue or acrylic until they are completely removed. Be very careful not to cut into your real nail bed – only clip the acrylic nails themselves! Remember that this method can be a bit painful so if you have any sensitivities or allergies, please consult with a doctor before trying!
5. With lemon juice
Removing acrylic nails with lemon juice is a popular method to take off acrylics without acetone because it is cheap and easy to do. Lemon juice is a natural acid that helps to break down the adhesive that holds the acrylic nails in place. It can be a bit messy and may take a few tries to get it right, but overall it is a simple way to remove acrylic nails at home.
- Soak your fingers in warm water for 10 minutes. This will soften the nail polish and make it easier to remove.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice onto your nails. Lemon juice is a natural Acetone alternative that will help break down the nail polish.
- Let the lemon juice soak into your nails for 5-10 minutes. Then use a toothbrush or old credit card to scrape off the remaining nail polish.
- Wash your hands with soap and water afterward to remove any residue from the lemon juice.
Tools You’ll Need to Safely Remove Acrylic Nails
Makartt Nail File 100 180 Grit
White Distilled Vinegar
Non-acetone nail polish remover
And that’s it! You’ve now learned how to take off acrylics without acetone at home. I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Some acrylic nails to try:
33+ Gray Nail Designs You’ll Love