Crispy on the outside, fluffy and sweet on the inside. That’s what these Garlic Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes look and taste like.
I love a good potato side recipe and this one ticks all the boxes for me; sweet enough to elevate the main meal, savory, flavourful but not overpowering, and simply delicious.
Potatoes are a favorite because of how easy they are to cook and versatile. Try this recipe and you will love it just as much as I do.
How do you get crispy roast potatoes?
Getting crispy-skin potatoes will depend on how much you let them drain and dry before roasting. That is something that needs to done first. Another way to ensure this is by preheating your oven at a high temperature before putting the potatoes inside to roast. A really hot oven allows the skin to immediately crisp up once it makes contact with the heat.
What is the difference between baked and roasted potatoes?
Baked potatoes are usually potatoes cooked whole and unpeeled sometimes in foil paper and usually without fat in the oven. While roasted potatoes can be cut, peeled, parboiled, seasoned and then cooked in fat in the oven.
What is a good potato for roasting?
Russet Potatoes – they get the crispiest skin with fluffy insides.
Yukon Gold – these potatoes are loved for their yellow tones and sweetness.
Red Potatoes – they are good for roasting as well but takes the longest to get crispy.
Garlic Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 680 grams Yellow Baby Potatoes
- 2 Lemons
- 1 cup Parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Start by giving the potatoes a quick wash then drain. Slice each potato horizontally into two.
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water for two and a half minutes. Drain in a sieve then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped parsley, lemon juice plus zest, rosemary, oregano, pepper, salt, chili flakes, honey, and olive oil then proceed with mixing all together.
- Add the potatoes into a larger mixing bowl then add the seasoning mix to it. Gently stir making sure each potato is nicely coated. Then lay everything out on a non-stick baking tray.
- Put the potatoes in a preheated oven of 425 F / 220 C and let them roast for 5 minutes. Serve!