So today, I decided to baked these yummy and super-easy Peanut Butter Blossoms. I have been reminiscing about my Christmas memories and food is a big part of that; especially treats!
I have had these peanut butter gems a few times in the past and to my surprise have never baked them before. So today is the day I bake some and add that to my archives.
These cookies are very easy to make. The recipes I like to create and make are super easy. I am not a trained chef or baker so I like to find easy ways to make recipes that are still delicious like these soft peanut butter blossoms.
What Type Of Peanut Butter To Use
One tip is to make sure you use thick peanut butter. There are some types of peanut butter that tend to be runny; like the natural kinds.
Try to avoid those, but if I try the recipe out with runny peanut butter I’ll update you on my results.
How To Avoid A Dry and Crumbly Peanut Butter Blossom
To avoid a dry and crumbly peanut butter cookie, make sure your cookies do not overbake. Adhere to the bake-time suggested for the recipe you are following and all should be fine.
Another way to make sure your cookies are done right on time is to look out for browning at the edges as it is an indication of readiness.
Can They Be Made Ahead?
Absolutely yes! Like this batch, I have only baked of it and will be saving the rest of them for my friend who will be visiting me in a couple of days.
Save the cookie balls in an air-tight container and will last for up to a month or two if you prefer to bake them fresh each time for consumption.
But if they are already baked, these cookies will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight container/jar at room temperature while they will be good for up to a month when frozen.
Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 11/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 22 pieces Hershey Kisses Chocolates
- 1 medium Egg room temperature
- 3/4 tbsp Baking Powder
- Add the white granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter into a mixing bowl. Cream them with a spatula by stirring and combining for 2 minutes.
- Add egg and mix for 1 minute.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder and fold into batter till it's thick and well combined.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop up some batter and roll between your palms making it into a smooth ball.
- Gently drop into a plate of granulated sugar; roll it in sugar to coat evenly then place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350 F/ 175 C pre-heated oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven, gently push one Hershey Kiss Chocolate down in the middle of each cookie while warm. This action will cause the cookies to crack around the edged to give the cookies this signature look.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve!