Peanut Butter Cookies are such a delight! It will definitely be a hit if you bake these for some peanut butter loving folks.
Baking these peanut butter cookies is so easy just like most drop cookies, in fact, you don’t need a mixer for it if you don’t already have one. A good whisk and spatula will get you the same results as mine.
So let’s get into it! This recipe calls for a few ingredients, most of which you may have already in your pantry. You will be needing;
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated White Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Peanut Butter
Type of Peanut Butter To Use
So you can use either smooth or chunky peanut butter for this recipe. It all depends on what you prefer. One thing to note is to make sure whatever kind you opt for is thick and not runny. Using a runny peanut butter may cause your cookie dough to be hard to scoop and mold.
How To Store Baked Peanut Butter Cookies
Once your cookies are baked, let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a baking tray to cool down completely. After that, transfer cookies into an air-tight jar or container. Cookies will keep for 5 – 7 days at room temperature and 20 – 25 days in a freezer.
- 1½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- ½ tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tbsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer or a spatula, cream the butter, white and brown sugars together on medium speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla beat till well combined, about 2 minutes. Stop every now and then to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then mix on low until combined. If you are not using a mixer, switch from whisk to a spatula and combine till the mixture is soft and smooth.
- Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator. At about halfway through, preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Then line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1½ tablespoons of cookie dough and roll dough into balls in between your palms. Roll the balls in granulated sugar and place them on a baking tray. Use a fork to make a crisscross indent on the top of each.
- Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides. Let it cool down for 10 minutes in the tray before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve!
The Peanut Butter Cookie dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days before baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
Note that nutrition facts are not always accurate.